Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's so simple


The summary first:
Just love Him!


Why that is the big thought of the week:


1 - from Bible Study - my fulfillment must come from God, not my husband or my daughter. I can not expect them to fulfill me because I will be disappointed. They are only human, and their purpose in life is not solely to make me happy.


2 - from class - it's a leadership class, and the current assignment is a self analysis. Last night's "Ah ha!" was that no matter how much I change and improve, I will never be satisfied, content or FULFILLED in myself.


3 - from reading the Bible at breakfast with my kid - What is the greatest commandment?
#1: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. #2: Love your neighbor as yourself.

What do I do to be fulfilled?

Love God.

What do I do to be a great wife?

Love God and love my husband.
What do I do to be a great mom?

Love God and love my daughter.

What do I do to be a better leader?

Love God, and love my young adults.

What is my purpose in life?

To love God.


Who I am
is who He made me to be.
On purpose.

(So I don't need to try to fix myself or change myself!)


And my purpose

is to love Him.


Love Him.

It's freeing.

No comments: