Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Journalling

Have you ever tried journalling? Had a time in your life where you consistently jotted down your inner most thoughts, feelings, prayers? Not for anyone's eyes but yours and God's?

I'd advise you to try it. It may not be something that works for you long term, but you won't know until you give it a try for a month or so. This morning I wrote and wrote and wrote and all the negative things I had been thinking and feeling were turned into words on a page and I could see what needed to be changed in me. I remember the truth I know and my mind unclutters, and I figure out as I write, how to change my mindset and what to do so that I am content and at peace again.

There are days where the deep breath that is writing in a journal amazes me with its power. It's almost as if God speaks to me his words through guiding my pen.

No comments: