Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ecclesiastes

Reading in the book of Ecclesiastes this morning, chapter 12 strikes me as a good purpose statement for why I do what I do.

"Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them"... " is how it starts, and it finishes: "Of making many books there is no end and much study wearies the body. Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter; Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of every human being. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."

I want to see young adults and youth get this now, not wait till they have kids or later to find their way back to church and to God. And I'm not harping on the judgment thing, but do you think we might live differently if we remembered this fact a little more often, that we will be judged by the good or bad that we do?

No comments: