Friday, July 12, 2013

Creating Stuff

At the end of June we had our book club wind up. As a break from routine we met at a coffee shop rather than in someone's home, because one of our group (Kathryn Gorectke) had paintings hanging there. If you're in the Regina area, you should check out Atlantis downtown; I believe her work will be up until the end of July.

Once in a while I get the urge to make stuff... I saw something like this on Pinterest a while back (via splitcoaststampers) and thought it would be awesome to take these to our wind up for the girls.  I picked up a handful of paint chips while we were out one day, stamped them the next, and then sewed a bunch of ribbons and baker's twine on the top.  Not too hard, and fun to play around with.


Mama's little helper.


And this week, I made a camera strap cover for my friend Lori's birthday.  It turned out great... the second version that is!  I've already picked up supplies to make more, so watch for those to be posted and added to the shop one of these days.

Happy Birthday, Lori!! and thanks for this pic...
Happy creating stuff!  And have a great weekend...

No comments: