Monday, September 09, 2013

Red

- How was her first week? asked our friend at church this Sunday, as we sat on the floor of the nursery, playing with babies.
- Good.  She made the school soccer team and their first game is tomorrow!
- Do you remember when I reffed her games?  That was a long time ago.  I think you guys were red?
- Red.  (I laughed.)  So many years she was red.

So many years of soccer under her belt already.  So many years of being on the red team, although there was a blue year, and a maroon, maybe?  Plus a few seasons of indoor.  Then this last year she played club soccer instead of community.  More cost, more committment, more competition... She's developing greater skills and a love of the sport.  Making great friends there, too.  And wearing red.

And now a new achievement - a new step, playing for the school in a season that fill the months till club starts up again.  A grade nine among the ones who have been wearing the black for years - new jersey, new competition, new friends.

(I'm linking this up today with Lisa-Jo Baker and her Five Minute Friday.)

Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

Liz said...

What sweet memories attached to the color red. Good job! Stopping by from Lisa Jo's FMF.

Peas on Earth said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! I am finally getting a chance to check out yours. :) My "red" daughter is also in grade 9! Small world, eh? And I'm an INTJ, so that's close. heh heh ... Would love to hear more of your story sometime. Blessings to you! Sharon

Peas on Earth said...

Oh, I forgot to mention ... my maiden name is Ward. :)

Kristi said...

Stopped by from Lisa's FMF, great job! :)