Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Recommended Reads - October

Just a few for this month:

My Mom recommended the Inspector Lynley series by Elizabeth George, and I've read three of them lately... I won't list them all, but recommend them if you like long mysteries with lots of different threads winding through that all come together in the end.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon was what we read for book club last month, and it is a good, quick, and often funny, read.  Told from the perspective of a 15 year old with autism, it's a good glimpse into how an autistic mind works.

Right after that one I read Love Anthony by Lisa Genova, which also deals with autism.  It is a touching story of two women, dealing with different kinds of loss, and how they end up helping each other. Genova has a degree in Biopsychology and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience and has also written Still Alice, about Alzheimers (which I've read and recommend) and Left Neglected, about brain injury (which is sitting on my shelf to read after I'm done our monster of a book club read for this month).

Happy reading!  As always, I'd love it if you'd leave me a note telling me what great book you've read recently.

No comments: