Some highlights of the boy being two:
- hearing him sing happy birthday to himself - the whole song!
- when we went to Dairy Queen to pick out a cake, he climbed up into a booth, ready to eat it NOW!
- learning to make a 'pop' sound with his finger in his mouth - I tried to help him with my finger, but when I told him to tighten up his lips, he tightened up his teeth... OUCH!
- a trip to the doctor for a check up: he didn't want to climb on the scale to get weighed, but as soon as the nurse went to get a sucker to bribe him, he got on to 'practice'
- He's 30 lbs and over 3 feet - that means he'll be tall when he grows up - over 6 feet. I've heard for boys double their height at 2, and for girls, double their height at 18 months to find out their end height.
- That's 95th percentile height and 85th percentile weight
- He loves shoveling - we've had some good weather this week and he's agile in the snow and handles the shovel like a pro.
- He can talk really well and make himself understood.
- He is getting good at knowing his colours, and his letters are even starting to come along, thanks in part to his favourite show, Super Why!
|'Calling' Granny from a phone at M's soccer game.|
|After swimming with Riley.|
|Playdough! He loves to eat it, too. Mmm - salty.|
|At the family center - rock a bye baby!|
|At DQ wanting to eat the cake.|
|And the rest of the fam...|
|This 'LeapTop' is a new favourite.|
|A shot I love sent from a friend.|
|Gramma & Grampa came on his birthday.|
|He got himself in Daddy's boots.|
|In action - from the pile back on to the deck.|