Monday, March 30, 2009

Post 100!

This is my one hundredth post. How exciting...

Last week I facilitated a scrapbooking night for the big sisters program in town; my friend Rebecca is the director of that. A few nights before, I made up 3 pages for them to copy, or just as examples of what could be done with the supplies available. (And of course they had a free for all and did their own thing completely, but that's okay... Insert rolling eyes here - was I really thinking I'd be teaching them to do it like I did? I HAVE been around children before. I know how they work.) Anyway, the point is that after making three pages, I was actually inspired to keep playing, and this is what I made:



And this one I made this weekend - it's simple, but has so much new stuff and fun stuff that I was trying out and experimenting with that I quite enjoyed myself in the process.



The "beautiful" is a stamp set I've had for a while but not used yet, the M is a Heidi Swapp ghost letter that I covered with white ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder. The plastic got a little melty and warped, but oh well... The glitter is from a kit I picked up at the new shop on Saturday (it came with glitter and flock and double sided glue designs); the ticket was picked up in the same spree (thanks Carla for the gift certificate!), and the bottom stamp was a gift that came with my gift certificate. :) In the bottom left corner you'll notice I used my date stamp, which is exciting because I thought I lost it. Yay, the lost is found!

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww, beautiful pages carolyn...of course the subject matter lends itself well, ha ha...
Thanks for letting me know...
Kadence named the characters on her rubber boots after you guys...they are actually the backyardigans, but she points to them and lists you all off...Sean, Madeline, Carolyn and Kadence!