Monday, July 18, 2011

Off to Camp!

Camp started today.  M's friend T has gone with her for the last number of years and this year was no exception.  I took the two of them early so we could geocache on the way, but alas, it has been a while and I forgot that I needed to upload the caches to my handheld gps, so that ended up not working out so well for us.  (I have all the ones around home in there, so haven't had to add specific ones for a while.)

So we got to the camp nice and early and I got some pictures to share with you instead.


 With the flooding and the altered beachfront, the swimming area is now between this new dock, and the old one, which is now over by where the slide was.  A decent sized area for them.  They wanted to dip their feet in (and at 40* out, I was wishing I had brought my suit for a jump in the lake, too!) and I was happy to pull out the camera and capture this.  There was a new water trampoline that had them excited, as well as four new double kayaks that I'd love to take out someday.


Trying to catch minnows.


Found a couple of dead crayfish on the beach which they carried around until they fell apart.

It was good to be out there and see a bunch of good friends.  A great day.

2 comments:

MOM (aka Granny) said...

Madeline's fingernails look just like Kadence's toenails from last week! They must be related.

Carolyn Ward said...

Yes, and mine... Went to an 80's party and needed some neon, so she got to play, too - fingers and toes. I couldn't take it too long and my toes changed to a nice uniform shiny blueberry yesterday.