Friday, June 08, 2012

Caragana Shoots

When we moved into this house, there was a nice row of Caragana bushes in between us and the neighbor.  They were nice enough, but every time I thought to prune them, the thought went right on through and out the other side.  So over the last decade, they grew nice and tall with all the foliage mostly at the top, leaving the main body pretty sparse. We are thinking of taking them out to put in a proper fence at this point, but the fence is still a 'someday', so last summer I got out my saw and took them down to about 18 inches.  I figured a nice short row of hedges would be better than the bad divider it is now.  And if I ended up killing them, well, no big loss.

I was thrilled about a month ago, to see this:




So excited to see them sprout new buds.  So glad that God does his work in renewing and restoring and redeeming his creation.  Gives me hope for our world, to see what God does in silent chopped down sticks.  This is what it looks like now:


It's getting quite a bit fuller & makes me smile every time I walk by.  Grow, green things, grow!

I have some tulips that came up in the back, too - so nice to see color in the spring.  The irises and lilies are growing taller, and I am looking forward to seeing their color, too.  Next step is to pick up some bedding plants for our pots.


No comments: