Friday, July 13, 2012

I'll Bring the Dessert!

My in-laws celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on July 1 (Congratulations, Keith & Mary Ann!) - tomorrow all the 5 boys and their families are getting together for a BBQ to celebrate.  Everyone is taking food; I said I'd make a bok choy salad (yum) and a dessert.  We got home from our holidays yesterday, so today was pick-the-dessert day.

I ended up making three.

From my new Company's Coming Cookies book that I picked up from the sale table at Safeway, I'm making the Creamy Snowballs (cream cheese, chocolate chips, mini colored marshmallows, rolled into balls and in coconut).  I'll roll these tomorrow - they seem like they'll be super sweet.

The other two I think I found on Pinterest, but I also searched online for no-bake desserts (no oven in this heat) and looked at lots.  (When I find something on Pinterest that I think I'd like to make, I always click through to their original sites - if the recipe calls for weird ingredients or looks too involved, I won't pin it.  No point if I'm not actually going to make it.)

One is Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats, and looks yummy.  PB in the mix, and chopped up cups on top with a chocolate drizzle on top...

The other is Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight - cookie layer, cream cheese, icing sugar and cool whip layer, chocolate pudding layer & topped with more cool whip.  I'm looking forward to trying this one.

I'll post photos, reviews, and the links if they're worth it, after the tasting.

No comments: