Saturday, July 14, 2012

We Have a Dessert Winner!

We had a great time with family today, playing and eating and laughing...

My sister-in-law Jen is the Pie Queen, and made a fabulous mixed fruit pie. Delish.  Of the ones I brought, the Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight got the love - definitely a keeper.  (Recipe here.)


The Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats tasted good as expected - how can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter??  They were a tad soft, possibly just because they had been out a while.  It will be nice to have a good variation in the cookbook.  (Recipe here.)


And, as predicted, the Creamy Snowballs were SWEET.  I made them pretty small so they weren't too overwhelming.  They formed into balls better than I expected.


Creamy Snowballs

Combine and beat until smooth:
1/2 pkg cream cheese
2 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
2/3 cup melted chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla

Fold in 3 cups colored mini marshmallows, mix well, then chill for 30 minutes. (I left it in the fridge until the next day and it worked fine.)  Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls (pressing into shape with my fingertips worked better than rolling in my palms).  Roll in coconut.

These freeze well.  Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.  From Company's Coming Cookies.

*******
May you have enjoyable family times this summer, and may you wow them with some Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight...!

If you want to browse other recipes and lots more fun stuff to make and do, come check out my boards on Pinterest

No comments: