Thursday, September 06, 2012

Jesus Loves the Little Children...

...all the children of the world;
Red and Yellow, Black and White,
They are precious in his sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world!

Remember that one?  I was thinking about Compassion tonight, and how I can tell you more about them, and those smiling faces made that song pop into my head.  Would you like to see some of the beautiful children that are a part of Compassion's projects?  This link will take you there.

I remember one time a few years ago visiting that page and seeing those children...  I had been reading a blog where the writer mentioned that she often visited the page of children waiting for sponsors to pray for them, and I thought it was a great idea. I wish the numbers in my bank account let me sponsor dozens of children; even though that's not a reality, it costs me nothing to pray for them!

I especially like to look for children who share our birthdays, and I like to pray for the ones that have been waiting longest for a sponsor.  It was doing this one time that led us to Salomey, the girl we sponsor from Ghana.  She and Madeline were born not only on the same day, but the same year. 

Perhaps you might go for a visit?  Find a child with your birthday and pray for them?  I'm headed over there now, and I've got that song stuck in my head.  Red and Yellow, Black and White...

Edited to add:
If you click here, you'll see the 9 children who share my birthday !  Hmm... and it's got me thinking - I turn 40 next year in March - the best birthday gift ever would be to have 40 children sponsored.  All the kids that share my birthday?  (First I would pick Moses, because he's from Kenya, which holds a special place in my heart because I've been there, and because he lives in an AIDS-affected area, and an area with a higher risk of exploitation and abuse, and because he has lost one or both of his parents...)

No comments: