Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Thoughts on a milestone.

December 3, 2013.

I wondered what I would do to mark the milestone of yesterday - ten years since we said goodbye to Neil.

His brother put a notice in the paper, his other brother and sister both shared links to it on Facebook. It's so nicely done and here, if you want to have a look.  (Those links all have comments, too, if you'd like to read other people's memories of him.)  We received notes from a few friends who also keep this date in mind each year.

I wanted to do something, to write something, to find the words to honor his life again, but for some reason, words escape me.  I feel simply a quiet acceptance.  He was an important part of my life for a long time and will never be forgotten.  I believe that he would be pleased by the way we have carried on living and loving.

It is important to remember.  It is a good thing to honor loved ones who are gone.  He was loved by many, and I know many are remembering and honoring him now.  I believe we all will continue to live our lives changed because we knew him.


No comments: