Friday, February 27, 2009

-29 and thankful

I am thankful because I have the flexibility to work from home; I took that opportunity today, so I have not had to go out in the COLD!

I am also thankful for how beautiful it is outside, and that sitting here at the kitchen table, I'm almost blinded by the sunshine off the snow. Blue skies and lots of light. I like it almost as much as I need it. Soon enough blue skies and sunshine will mean really warm, not really cold. Thankful for that, too!

I am thankful that my homework is coming along well, and for the many chances I have to learn.

I am thankful to have a job where I am encouraged to pursue my strengths.

I am thankful for my family. Sean and Madeline are really wonderful people to be around, and I learn so much from being in relationship with them.

I am thankful for opportunities to do neat things. My friend runs the Big Sister program in this city, and she's asked me to lead a scrapbooking evening for them. I've had the same idea for a while - glad it's going to happen. For me, scrapbooking is primarily a creative outlet, but it can be really significant for people to put important things down on paper to remember. I've seen it be an affirming process for people to put their stories down in this way. I want to go into this Big Sister event with those things in mind, and will pray that it is more than just a fun event for them.

I'm thankful for others who put together important events - there is going to be another prayer house and 40 days of 24/7 prayer starting up soon. I love that idea and am thankful that it didn't have to wait for me to do it!

No comments: