Sunday, May 10, 2009

Down By The Bay

Down by the bay,
Where the watermelons grow,
Back to my home,
I dare not go,
For if I do,
My mother would say...

Did you ever see a bear
In his underwear?
Down by the bay!

Do you remember this song? We had so much fun singing it tonight - It popped into my head and I started singing it; Sean gave me a funny look, like "I remember that!" and joined in. M didn't know it, but caught on pretty quick (even started to do the echo without being coached!)

We couldn't think up too many that we remembered, so just made them up:
Did you ever see a Ward, driving a Ford?
Did you ever see a pig, dancing a jig?
... D o w n b y t h e b a y!

What are your favorite verses? Or come on, make some up!! Leave us a comment with them!

In other news...
Mother's Day today. I received a beautiful purple birdhouse, hand painted by M at school. She tried to give it to me last night she was so excited. (And maybe trying to stall bed time a bit.) I didn't expect anything else, except a carnation from church, which is pretty predictable, but when I got downstairs there was a gift bag on the table in my spot. It had two cards in front of it, one from each of them, and two gifts inside. I picked M's out first - I recognized the wrapping from the night before. Then I was surprised to find that Sean bought me the zoom lens for our camera!! How exciting. M's friend T came over for the afternoon and I went to the park with them and took some pictures. So fun.



A funny thing she said...
Yesterday started out chilly, but warmed up enough to enjoy finally raking the lawn. I couldn't get enough being outside, so M and I went for a walk in the evening, too. As we were walking, she said, "Mom, I don't want to go camping in the mountains." (We're planning to go to Jasper for a week for this year's big camping trip.)
"Why not?" I asked.
"I'm afraid we'll fall off. And of the bears."
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! She's afraid we'll fall off the mountain!!!
"Madeline - Have you ever been to the mountains?" (I'm her mother - I already know the answer to this.)
"No."
"It's not like that. And we'll camp at the bottom." (HA HA HA! I'm still laughing.)

Coming tomorrow...

I finished five layouts tonight; I'll take pictures tomorrow when the sun's up and I don't need a flash and will have them up tomorrow for you to see. They were mostly done at scrapbooking on Tuesday, but needed finishing touches at home, so I did that tonight.

This is M stuffing cannelloni for supper the other night.


And her she is winning the game of musical chairs at the last Girl Guides meeting of the year on Wednesday.


What's that? You want a soccer update?
First game we lost 6-1, second game we lost 6-3.
It can only get better from here!!!

Ok, I'm done.
Talk to you tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Kadence got a little MP3 radio that she listens to when she goes to bed/nap etc, it helps keep her quiet...it came loaded with 20 songs and "Down by the Bay" is one of them. Coincidentally, it was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep last night...
I just started singing it and she's gone off to get her radio...so cute!
Anyway, the only verse that sticks in my head is, 'have you ever seen a bear washing it's hair'...

MOM said...

Did you ever see a Granny, wiggling her fanny?

Did you ever see a Papa, sipping his java?