Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Niece!

Nieces are nice.  We are happy to welcome Brianna Kaitlyn Ward to our collection of nieces and we can't wait to meet her.

Kevin and Jen welcomed her to the world at 5 am on Wednesday, May 26; she was a tiny (comparatively!) 7 pounds 8 ounces.  She is dainty little one with lots of dark hair and her sister Raelene loves her.

**********

M is away at a birthday sleep over tonight & we are shortly off to a movie; date nights are nice, too.

**********

I just finished reading Jane Eyre.  I do find myself thinking now in the same style of language as it was written, however, I am trying to keep it just in my thoughts; I am sure of the ridicule I would command from my immediate loved ones if I should speak in such words as their ears are unaccustomed.

Anyone care to comment on the similarities / differences between Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights?  I have it on my shelf and may open that one next.

1 comment:

Jessica Friesen said...

I haven't read Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights. So they have that in common...

And welcome to your new niece. I have 2 wonderful nieces that I love;)

Jess