Thursday, May 09, 2013

Skor Cake

I was asked this morning for this recipe, and since I had to type it out to email it to my Mother-in-law, I figured I'd share it here with you.  It really is not too hard, and the results are so good.


The recipe comes from a 'Robin Hood Festival of Baking' booklet from 1998... Wow - I've had it since before M was born.  It's called an Easy Creamy Chocolate Torte, but we just call it 'That Skor Layer Cake'.  Put whatever title you want on it when you copy this; here's the recipe for the goodness:

1 pkg Devil's Food cake mix
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
4 Skor bars, crushed

Prepare cake mix in two 9" round cake pans accornding to package directions.  Cool.  Cut each layer in half.  (I do that by wrapping a piece of dental floss around it and tightening it right through.  Works like a charm.)

Combine whipping cream, sugar and cocoa.  Chill 15 minutes.  Whip until stiff.  Fold in 3 crushed Skor bars.  Spread cream mixture between layers and on top of cake.  Sprinkle remaining Skor bar on top.  Chill  until serving.

Enjoy!

No comments: