Monday, October 14, 2013

For This I am Thankful...

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!  We just drove home from Mom & Dad's today after an uneventful-but-great-to-be-with-family weekend.  The clouds parted and we enjoyed some sunshine - ironically, at dusk, so it was in our eyes, but I'll still take it!  The colors were so rich and spectacular it didn't even matter that I finished my book half way through the drive.

For that, I am thankful.

We had perhaps the best drives yet with Nolan, both there and back.  He woke after 20 minutes on the way home and I thought that might be all we got (no...!) but he did fall asleep again after a while and slept quite a long time (whew).  He also slept pretty good at Granny & Papa's, and had a great time with his cousins.  He's growing and maturing and talking and joking.

For that, I am thankful.

I left a box of goods with Mom for a sale table at their upcoming women's conference.  It's satisfying to make stuff that other people might actually want and use.

For that, I am thankful.

I am reminded most days in one way or another that God made us each different, and he did that on purpose.  Our job is to love Him and let Him help us learn to love each other, not only when people are like us and please us, but in all circumstances.  It's not natural, but it's so necessary for a good life.  He loves me in spite of the way I continually need improvement, and that's a great encouragement.

For that, I am thankful.

Madeline went to soccer practice tonight and connected with a great friend.  I'm glad she's on a team with some friends from last year, glad she enjoys the sport, and glad she gets a chance to play.

For that, I am thankful.

And you?  What are you thankful for?

No comments: