Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Vacation Day One

What a great day.  For our holiday this year we decided to go on a vacation rather than camping.  The difference?  A vacation is focused more on the sight-seeing and less on the roughing it, visiting the beach and cooking over the fire.  Oh, and we`re staying in a hotel.  :)

We left Regina at 6:30 am and headed south, crossing the boarder (first time needing passports to do that!) into North Dakota.  We stopped for lunch at a little diner in Williston where I had a $2.99 grilled cheese sandwich that came with home made potato chips.  Pretty cool.  We enjoyed seeing the scenery change, and when I get home I`ll post some pictures - I forgot the cord I need for my little Nikon that I used today until the battery ran out...

Into South Dakota, we stopped for ice cream at a little shop in the middle of nowhere (pics of that later, too!), and had to stop a couple of times for construction:


I switched to the Canon DSLR at this point and wondered why I didn`t have it out first thing.  Forgot how much I like shooting with that thing!  We arrived at Rapid City about 6:30 and checked in, then went to TGIFridays for supper - mmm ribs...  After that we drove around town finding the shops we scoped out online before we came, and now we`re back at the hotel listening to M sleeping.

I hope your day was peaceful and that you have much to be thankful for.  Good night!

No comments: