Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother of Children

Yesterday I wrote about my mom; today I thought I'd share my thoughts on being the mom.

I posted this this morning on the prayer blog:

My prayer for my children this morning is one of gratitude and thanksgiving for them.

Psalm 113 is a Psalm of praise, and one that I read not long after Nolan was born.  It has a phrase at the end that has stuck with me - "He settles the childless woman in her home as
a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord."  A happy mother of children.  I was not childless before, but with Nolan's arrival, this plural - children - is now my status. I am happy with my role as their mom and am grateful to the one who has given me these two gifts to enjoy and to mother.

To celebrate Mother's Day here this weekend, I got a beautiful orchid (and a carnation at church), homemade cards from Madeline, and we went on a picnic at the park.  A very nice way to spend the day with my family, and Nolan seemed to enjoy his first picnic.



We reminisced, too, because 6 years ago this weekend, in that same park, is when and where Sean & I got engaged.  Good memories.  Madeline was 6 - half her lifetime ago.



No comments: