Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Reminders in the Garden - Part Two

On Monday I wrote that lately some of the jobs I've been puttering away at in my yard have reminded me of parallels in other parts of life.  "Spiritual principles just hanging out in the yard waiting to be noticed.  God's message speaking through nature." Here's another one.

In the back corner of the yard stands my beautiful majestic big tree.  I didn't get a before picture, because I thought of this while I was working...  This tree has been allowed to freely bloom this year because I simply didn't notice the slow growth that turned into lots of green shoots coming up from the lower trunk.  I cut them off partly to tidy up the looks of it, and partly so that the nourishment from the ground goes up to the branches and leaves above and is not wasted on unsightly sprouts that do nothing for the beauty of the tree.

What parallel do you see there?  

It made me think of spreading my energy too thin, allowing things in my life that don't line up with who I want to be, and not leaving time and space to really build up that person. This wasn't a big 'a-ha' moment or anything, but a pretty cool reminder that when I do have a choice with my time and space, I should use my energy for things that fit with who I am and who I want to be.  Feed the beautiful habits; starve the ugly ones.

Part One is here.
This is Part Two.
Part Three on Friday...

No comments: