Monday, January 12, 2009

Sadness


My mom called half an hour ago to tell me that my Granny died in her sleep early this morning.

She was a strong lady, but at 94, things were just shutting down. I am so glad we got to see her two weeks ago when we were there for Christmas. Madeline loves being in Winnipeg with family, and that was the one thing she wanted to do for sure when we were there. See Great-Granny. Mom sent some neat pictures from that day, but I can't figure out how to copy them from the email because they are in a strange format; I will post them when I can.

For now, here's a quote from an email mom sent last weekend.

"Granny is doing much better. She was pretty bad last weekend but is eating better and quite 'with it' today. You would have laughed at us yesterday. I got new ear phones for my iPod that just hook over my ear. I had it on one of her ears, playing her some old Big Band music. And at the same time I was playing Solitaire on my Palm Pilot and holding it up so she could watch - she used to play a lot of Solitaire. And in the middle of this, Dad called on my cell phone. For a couple of old grannies, we sure are wired."

No comments: