Saturday, August 15, 2009

bikes and canoes, stings and buns: our week

Monday afternoon M and I headed up to the Evraz park with the family to see the buffalo and enjoy the hot day. After supper, the three of us went for a bike ride around the lake. The other half, by the University and Science Center, since there was no parking and too many people around the usual side. Madeline's getting the hang of shifting on the fly...

Tuesday we walked down to Brandee's corner store for Slush Shakes. The best in Regina. (It's on the corner of Dewdney and Lewvan if you want to see if I'm right!)

Wednesday M went out to the farm for a photoshoot (see two posts below) and in the evening we went to see Wall-E and Ghostbusters at the IMAX. It was a fundraiser for the Food Bank and was a good night. Wall-E is quite the commentary...


Thursday M and I drove out to KBK to hear Kallie (our summer youth intern) speak and visit our other friends on staff. It was warm, slightly muggy and still. Madeline and I took a canoe out while the teens had cabin hang time - the water was glass, and everything was so quiet. It was awesome. Not so awesome were the two wasp stings M got... Poor baby. They swelled up pretty good on Friday!


Yesterday and today were wonderfully full of nothing. It's been rare to have an empty weekend this summer, and we enjoyed relaxing. Still are. It's 5 to 7 and Sean is just about to start supper... That's partly because I baked cinnamon buns this afternoon. My mouth is watering again...


Tomorrow afternoon we are heading to a hotel with waterslides for M's birthday party with her school friends. She's been 10 for 3 weeks already, but like I said, the summer has had few open weekends...

That's our week. I feel like I should have got more tangible work done, but I guess I usually feel that way, so what's new? I really enjoyed all the stuff we did as family - it felt like summer is supposed to feel.

3 comments:

MOM said...

The picture of Madeline in the canoe is beautiful! The wasp sting not so much. Madeline, I hope they got better quickly.

Carolyn Ward said...

Here's a secret: I didn't take the camera in the canoe. I stood on the shore holding the canoe to take this once we got back.

Madeline said...

YUMMMMMMMMMY! DELICUCE!!!!!!!

MAGENIFECANT!!!!!!!

(REALLY! I HAVE TRYED ONE)