Thursday, November 10, 2011

Plans for the Baby Book

I've had my eye on Project Life for a while, thinking that would be a good way to do baby's first year.  I know I will have tons of photos and will want to put more in an album than I will scrapbook.  I also know that I won't be doing a picture a day, exactly, but could still make use of that format.

While we were at the scrapbooking retreat, I found that We R Memory Keepers has a line of page protectors that are divided in different ways, in the style I like about the Project Life ones.  Carla and Suzanne were also interested in them, so between us we bought a bunch of different styles (they come in packages of 10) and split them up so we each have a wider assortment of styles to choose from.  I wasn't quite sold on the Project Life albums, either, and was thinking I would probably go with an American Crafts cloth 12x12 ring binder like the last couple I've used and liked.  I can pick that up at Michaels with a 40% off coupon, so it will be reasonable.  I did see a couple of other ones there that I liked, by Amanda Blu, but they are the post style and wouldn't fit a whole year, I don't think.  If someone got me one of those, I would make it work, though - they are pretty cute.  :)  If you follow that link, the first and third ones are the ones I was eyeing.

At the retreat I also picked up some pages by Simple Stories - the ones in their baby line.  They are meant to coordinate with the We R Memory Keepers divided page protectors, so have different shaped bits that you cup apart and put in the pages along with your photos.  I think I will order some of the journaling cards from Project Life, and maybe some of their page protectors as well, and then I'll be all set.  Except for the album, but I've got lots of time for that.  (Ten weeks is lots of time, right??)

No comments: