Friday, January 27, 2012

Happiness

The boy no longer fits newborn clothes.  The one I managed to zip up this morning  would not cooperate this afternoon after his bath.  My one week old is in 3 month old clothes, and fills them out just fine.  In other Nolan news, when I undressed him for his bath I discovered that his cord had fallen off - it was rather like a loose tooth before, hanging on by a thread.

We are looking forward to the weekend & having Daddy home to enjoy him with me.  M has the day off school today, so got to start her weekend with him a bit early.

I am so thankful for the friends and family who have helped out, brought meals & muffins (what a perfect snack food!), and gave little (and big!) gifts.  Right down to the 475 people who checked out the "Introducing Nolan" post - we are so thankful to have all of you in our lives.

Not every post from here on in will be a Nolan post, but he sure is the majority of my world right now.  With friends bringing suppers all this week, I feel like it's a 'freebie' week - next week I will have to start to figure out what our new normal is.  We won't have a regular routine, but I still need to wrap my head around what I want my priorities to be, and how I will plan to accomplish those things and the things that need doing around the house.  Next week.  I'm looking forward to that thought process, and find it interesting that our book club read for this month is The Happiness Project; it's full of ideas that are worth some thought and possibly habits to implement in my life.

Wishing you the happiness and contentment I am experiencing right now.  I would love to hear what is bringing you joy today - leave a comment and let me know!

No comments: