Sunday, November 08, 2009

Exporting!

I got a message on Facebook this afternoon from my cousin Kim, who sent me a link to an ad on Winnipeg's Kijiji - someone was looking for 'homemade wheat bags.'  Sweet!  A couple of emails later, and I've got an order for 12 for when she starts her massage studio in the new year.  Provided I can find fabrics in her colors...  I think I'm going shopping tomorrow!  Does anyone in Regina know of anywhere to get flannel fabric other than Fabricland and Peachtree?  I'll start there, but might need more options.  How about any good online shops?

In other news, we went out to a nearby camp this afternoon for a hayride with a bunch of families from church - a bit nippy, but we had a big indoor fire to roast hot dogs and make smores on after.  We don't have enough of that kind of event - a family thing where big and little kids love it, they don't have to be babysat, but can run and play together, and a great visit time for the parents.  What are some other ideas for great family events?

I'll leave you with a shot of the bags I've got in stock in case you're looking to do a little Christmas shopping...  :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn,
Believe it or not WalMart used to have a nice supply of flannel. Not sure if they still do or not but it is worth a try.

How about coffee? :)
xo

Karen said...

I'm not sure about the prices but Astrin's Attic on 13th may have flannels. I'd call them first though, I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase!