I copied this list out of the book Unchristian and just found it in some notes:
- Worshiping God intimately & passionately.
- Engaging in spiritual friendships with other believers.
- Pursuing faith in the context of family.
- Embracing intentional forms of spiritual growth.
- Serving others.
- Investing time & resources in spiritual pursuits.
- Having faith based conversations with outsiders.
How does reading that make you feel? I did a yep, uh huh, okay, oh oh, shoot... Some yes, and some are a little lacking.
Unchristian was a great book; if you think Christians are a bunch of hypocrites, I'm sorry. The list above? That's what we're supposed to be like. I doubt many people would be able to say that all seven of those characterize them, but the thing is, a lot of us are working on it.