Friday, April 17, 2009

Prayer for the youth of Canada

I have to admit, as a prayer warrior, I am still in training. It is not often I open up the folder with the lists of people that I feel it is important for me to be praying for. Journaling, reading the Bible, those come easier for me. But today I did open it up and one of the things on one of the lists begged to be shared here. Most of my lists are people, but this one is a list that I picked up at a prayer room somewhere. It's called 'Prayer for the Next Generation' and has 31 prayers based on Scripture for the youth of Canada.

"Jesus, the one anointed with the oil of joy, raise up young men and women who, although brought up in a culture of murmuring and disrespect, will be filled with joy, thankfulness, and strength of character. May they be the radiant ones known as the offspring of the Lord in a depraved and crooked generation. (Philippians 2:14-15)"

14Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16as you hold firmly to the word of life.

Pray this with me today.

No comments: